Thursday 21 August 2008

N*E*R*D

Wednesday August 20th, 2008.

Let's call it the day my life changed forever.

Here's how I put it over at the Pharrell website to them guys.

"Today has been THE most amazing day of my life.

So I'm walking through my town centre grabbing some last minute things for the gig, and my Blackberry starts to ring...

I answer it, it's my boy Taran: "Lee come to the shop I've got some good news!"

So I go to the shop, to find out that I got hooked up with a free wristband to the N*E*R*D instore signing at LiFE.

When I got there, the que was still a good 30 people strong, so we waiting a little bit.

When I finally got in, I was like "Sh!t, what can i get signed?"

So I took off my bapesta and decided to get that signed.

And as I was waiting to go see them, there was a black guy already there talking to them, he was all like "I'm a massive N*E*R*D fan Pharrell"

Then P said to him "What's your favourite album?"

The guy thought that Seeing Sounds was N*E*R*D's first album!

So I laughed my @ss off at this guy, then P said "You come here"

So I went over to the counter where he was and he was like "What's your favourite N*E*R*D song?"

Then I said Run To The Sun, from In Search Of...Track 7 I think.

P looked at the guy, then looked at me, then said to the other guy "This guy is a true N*E*R*D fan"

And i was soo happyy!!!!

Whilst everybody else was just meeting and greeting him, I had a good 15-minute strong chat with P and Shae (Chad missed his flight again!)

Then as we had stop finishing, Shae said "Hey Kid, what did you say your name was again?"

So I told him and he said "Make sure you're there tonight cos you're coming on stage"

I was all like "Thanks so much guys, you've changed my life already"

They was all like "Much appreciated".

You guys ain't heard nuthin' yet....

So I'm there at the gig, Shae recognises me again, and salutes me in the crowd.

About 5 songs later, Lapdance starts, Pharrell jumps down from the stage, comes over to my part of the crowd (I was 2nd row!), and points at me and says "Come on Lee!"

This one girl got real excited cos she thought that P was pointing at her, then I clambered through, was lifted over, and lifted onto the stage!

I rocked the crowd crazy, jumping about, a few people at the front even started swaying their arms side to side in rhythm with me!

At the end of the song, I was taken back off stage, but before I went, Pharrell said on the mic also "See you after the show dude"

So I went back into the crowd at the side, then at the end of the concert Pharrell came over to me and said "Thanks for coming out tonight man, I appreciate it"

Then I asked about the purple passes for the afterparty, and he said that I gotta be a girl who is over 18.

Nonetheless, THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!"

Does this picture just not explain everything?!


More pics soon people =]

3 comments:

vinyl vandals said...

sick sick sick............

everything happens for a reason fella!!!!

get more pictures up!!!

RSM said...

mate i could not have wish that upon any one else

happy for ya

good lad now get back to shining shoes for a nickal kumta kintay

Dread Kween said...

That's so dope!! They really know how to look after their fans!!!